Rooted in the Scientifically Proven 5E Model PLUS Intervention and Acceleration.
Notice: Undefined variable: state_short_name in /3w/vyrobce.cz/v/vfmyvm/52-student-assignments-stemscopes-science.php on line 122
Notice: Undefined variable: mod in /3w/vyrobce.cz/v/vfmyvm/52-student-assignments-stemscopes-science.php on line 122
K-12 pedagogy has its roots in Bybee’s 5E model, Gardner’s theory of Multiple Intelligences, and the back-flipped classroom wherein students learn by doing and experiencing rather than passively observing.
- » Students get hooked on the science lesson through demonstrations and real-life applicable short activities.
- » Pre-assessments let teachers know where students are, and additional teaching strategies put students on individual paths.
- » Students conduct investigations to build upon their prior knowledge and to generate new ideas.
- » Set-up videos help teachers see the lesson, materials set-up, and student outcome expectations.
- » Students use fun, collaborative grouping strategies and interactives to share their explanations of the exploration activities.
- » Question prompts along with student responses are provided, and built-in progress monitoring helps teachers determine intervention needs.
- » Students are challenged to extend their conceptual understanding and apply their skills.
- » Leveled options help teachers meet the unique needs of individual students.
- » Students demonstrate learning in Writing Science activities that are aligned to ELA standards such as main idea, making inferences, and graphic organization.
- » Standards-based post-assessments help teachers gauge student mastery in relation to high-stakes exams.