What subject to choose when it comes to cause and effect essay writing. We have collected some good ideas to get you started with your essay. Choosing the essay topic for cause and effect essay type is not difficult, here are some good sample essay topics:
- Effects of Pollution
- The Changes in the Ocean
- The Civil Rights Movement and the Effects
- Causes and Effects of the Popularity of Fast Food Restaurants
- Internet Influence on kids
- Popularity of Sports in US
- Effects of professional sport on children
- Alcohol and nervous system
- Domestic violence
- Growing up with a single parent
- Effect of school bullying on children
- Putin politics against the neighboring countries
- Music effects on human body
- Dating at young age
- What causes some women to repeatedly get involved in destructive relationships
- Earthquakes and potential dangers they bring
- Social media effect on young people
- Growing up in poverty
- Stress impact on health
- Impact of drug use on human body
- The influence of my favorite movie/book on me
- How war in Syria effects US
- What impact smoking has on a pregnant woman
- Telling lies. The cause and effect
- The causes of divorces
- What is the impact of genetically engineered food
- What causes a tsunami
- What causes racism
- How globalization affects economy
- What was your cause of choosing your major/your college
- The effects of credit culture
- What are causes and effects of terrorism
- What makes a person to be a good teacher/mother/doctor/artist
- What are the effects of homeschooling
- What causes heart problems
- What caused the WWII
- Effects of online dating
- Uber influence on the taxi drivers
- How happy relationships affect a person
- How travelling the world affects life and personality
Make sure you choose the essay topic that is important for you. Choosing the correct essay topic makes your cause and effect essay more successful. Speaking from your heart and mind instead of listing some vague ideas brings your writing to the next level and makes a great effect on your reader.
Cause and effect is an evergreen thing. Remember when we were just kids, and our parents always told us that if we disobey them, there would be consequences?
Well, it really does work this way.
Whatever you do, think, or say will lead to something particular. There is even a so-called "Butterfly effect" that basically means that minor things done somewhere can lead to big changes somewhere else in the world. It used to be an effect often discussed in weather broadcasts, but with time it became a metaphor for all kinds of changes.
Meanwhile, educational establishments aiming to train students to see the cause and effect decided to have special types of essays as a part of their academic process.
There are only two issues that come up when you talk about these essays: what structure they have and what topics can they talk about.
What makes a good cause and effect essay?
The structure is no different from any other essay you would write. This piece must consist of an introduction, main body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
However, the whole text should focus on four main points across the text:
- You need to study the cause of what happened.
There is always a reason behind every event. And there are no exceptions. So, your job is to study these causes and describe them in a nice and concise manner.
- Explain these causes.
After you look into the reasons why something happened, you need to explain what you found out to the readers. They do not read your mind, so you need to be very clear when explaining the situation. However, since you need to talk about it in the introduction, make sure to explain it all in a few sentences.
- Check out the effect this particular event has.
In the main body, you need to show what consequences come after some choice, decision, action, or a word.
It is better if you can dedicate one paragraph to one effect for better clarity of the problem.
- Connect the cause and its effects.
The readers need to see the big picture. So, your last goal is to connect the cause and effect in their eyes. You should also lead them to a certain conclusion or a takeaway line which they would remember once they finish reading it.
This is what you should know about the structure. However, it might not be your biggest concern. The topic might be harder to come up with. So, if you are having troubles thinking of what to talk about in your article, then read on: you might find exactly what you are looking for on our list.